Growing and Changing
LO: To identify and describe how humans grow and change
LO: To plan and perform a comparison test
- There is a lot of information in the powerpoint, so you can split this lesson up over two afternoons.
- The 'Growing and Changing mini book' happens in the middle of the powerpoint OR you could complete the matching card activity here.
- Towards the end of the powerpoint, there is an enquiry to investigate. Follow the questions/prompts in the powerpoint. You will need to find an older child (brother, sister, or cousin/ family friend that you could videochat/call), a stopwatch (on a phone/ipad/computer). The comparative test activity sheet will help you record.
- Is testing only 2 children going to give us reliable results? How could we improve our investigation?
There are extra activities:
- Human growth timeline - scissor and glue needed