LI: To use a variety of techniques to engage the reader. [Ongoing this week]
SC: [checklist-on track for a year 5 writer]
1) I can consistently use, neat, joined handwriting style.
2) I can write sentences that make sense.
3) I can use a range and accurate punctuation, including speech.
4) I can use the subjunctive form.
5) I can use subordinate clauses, including relative clauses and fronted adverbials.
6) I can use modal verbs for possibility.
7) I can use expanded noun phrases.
8) I can use emotional adjectives.
9) I can use questions, commands and statements.
10) I can time adverbials across paragraphs.
Outcome: Write your own opening to your new story.
Watch my video on modelling the opening section of the The Lost Thing.