SOARING WITH COMPASSION
Our vision guides the whole school community in ethical and charitable activities both in and out of school. We hold a number of events throughout the year; a selection of these events can be found below.
- Harvest Festival - each year children and parents donate food items which are then displayed in St Paul's Church alongside donations from the community. This year, Collective Worship Crew have decided that the the food donated will be given to our local food bank, The Nest.
- #HelloYellow World Mental Health Day - children bring donations in to raise money for this important charity. This year, we also asked for donations of bulbs so that we can develop our outside areas and give children a place to be at one with nature.
- Christmas Jumper Day - we support this event each year, raising money for Save the Children.
- Collections at school events - following events such as the Nativity, End of Year Play and music concerts, we collect donations.
- Red Nose Day - children are encouraged to think of ways to raise money for this worthwhile charity.
- Christian Aid Week - This year the focus is on the plight of drought which numerous countries around the world face.
Child and Staff Led Events
This year, we have held a Book Fair for The Leukemia Charity, which affects the cousin of one of our children.
Miss Hayne, our wonderful Admin Assistant, is currently running 100k in October to raise money for Breast Cancer Now, to support a colleague who recently survived breast cancer and returned to join us at school.
We are keen to develop our charitable activities further and are exploring this as part of the Collective Worship Crew meetings.