PE and Sport Premium
The Government has given every primary school in England funding to be used to develop the teaching and learning of physical education and sport within schools.
A number of measures have been implemented already and will continue to be implemented throughout the academic year. This funding has been provided to help improve learning in PE for all children, enhance the current high quality lessons that the school already delivers as well as introducing additional opportunities in the form of extracurricular clubs, festivals and competitions.
The grant has already been spent on:
- Introducing children to new and different sports from the National Curriculum to promote inclusion for all, including those with disabilities and those with special needs.
- Hiring of specialist teachers and qualified sports coaches to work alongside our teachers in PE lessons.
- Providing the children with opportunities to take part in inter and intra sports competitions including School Games events.
- Setting up lunchtime Energy Fit Clubs.
- Improving our sports equipment.
- Improving links with clubs in the community.
- Promoting fitness and leadership skills to some of our less confident children.
- Providing opportunities for our most able pupils.
The pupils will gain new knowledge, skills and experiences within sport and our teachers will further develop their skills to be able to continue to teach high quality PE.